What kind of sitting do you want?
Questions to ask:
- Who is the sitting for? A family, baby, high school senior,
First, see our
COLOR SUGGESTIONS for background and clothing
Simplicity is the
· Solid colors
are best. Avoid large or bold patterns and bright colors.
They draw attention away from the face.
· Long sleeve dresses and shirts are
recommended. They draw attention away from the arms and focus on
the face. (Short sleeves are acceptable for infants and small
· Wear make-up as you would for an
· Coordinate your attire from
head to toe, carefully selecting
appropriate shoes and stockings, as our photographer may portray
you in a full length pose.
· Darker clothing tends to minimize body size, and light tones
tend to emphasize body size.
· Do not
wear white shoes, socks, shirts, pants, or undershirts for outdoor
· Dress everyone in the same style of
clothing. Do not mix casual and formal attire.
·Keep the tonal range of clothing within the group the same. Do
not mix light and dark values. Save patterns for accent items like
scarves and neckties.
· White or light pastel clothing, shoes, stockings, pants, or
dresses look best in portraits taken against a white or light
background. Save stronger colors and patterns for accent items.
· To assure a successful portrait, it is best to bring along several additional clothing
Map to the Studio (MapQuest)